With generous support from Wells Fargo Foundation, NHT is pleased to launch its 2023 Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) Bootcamp series. The Bootcamp will build the capacity of state agencies, developers and housing owners to leverage IRA funding to preserve and improve affordable housing. Participation is free for qualified applicants, per the conditions outlined below.
Passed in August 2022, the IRA makes available upwards of $25 billion that can be used to invest in support investments in the energy efficiency and climate resiliency of housing occupied by low-income households.
The IRA Bootcamp will provide free customized support and peer learning opportunities on two tracks, one for Housing Financial Agencies (HFAs) and one for multifamily affordable housing providers.
- Approximately 10-12 virtual sessions will be offered during the 8-month program (May-December 2023). All sessions will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing for program participants. Sessions will include an array of external presenters including subject-matter experts and federal agency representatives.
- Optional in-person gathering in tandem with the NCSHA conferences.
- Opportunities to learn from HFA peers and affordable housing providers.
Kickoff Session 5/24/2023:
Multifamily Affordable Housing Providers
- Approximately 10-12 virtual sessions will be offered during the course of the 8-month program (May-December 2023). All sessions will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing for program participants.
- Customized assessment of each participant’s housing portfolio for opportunities for investments that are best suited to access IRA funds.
- Optional in-person gathering in tandem with already-planned national or regional events (TBD)
NHT will implement this free program in close partnership with program staff and leaders from the National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) and technical experts and practitioners from both the affordable housing development and lending communities.
For more information, contact Madeleine McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org.